Thursday, February 26, 2009

Need to be Free

I see the look in your eyes.
I feel it in the touch of your hand on my thigh.
You think tonight is the night.
But baby, something just isn't right.
You're like a stranger to me.
The one I used to know is just a distant memory.

I don't love you,
This isn't what I want to do.
Now the tears are falling down my face.
How did I end up in this place?

You think you're gonna get lucky,
But boy don't be so cocky.
I cringe when you say my name,
I just don't feel the same.

With each kiss,
I know I can't do this.
This isn't the way it's supposed to be.
I need to be free.

I don't want to hurt you,
But this is not something I can do.
As you kiss my cheek,
I struggle to speak.

You think tonight is the night,
But baby, something just isn't right.
You're like a stranger to me.
The one I used to know is just a distant memory.

I don't know how I got here.
I am living my worst fear.
I finally found someone to love me,
But all I want is to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment