Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thought

As the one year mark at my current job approaches, I have been thinking more and more about life and how fast it can go by. There's the old saying, that known cliche, "Time flies when you're having fun," but what about when you're not exactly "having fun?"

What about those of us who are still searching, just kind of drifting through life, hoping to find whatever it is we're looking for. Life still goes by just as fast, if not faster. When there is no specific destination in sight, the world seems to fly by quicker than I'd like. Plans to take an exam and apply to grad school, or a credential program, all the plans for the future seem to get lost.

Life is too short...what do you do when you want to move forward and move into your future, but you don't know which direction is forward? A single mistake can send you back or onto the wrong path. A single decision can make you feel as though you haven't spent the last few years trying to plan a future, just trying to form some kind of plan.

I never feared the future until recently. Everyone around me seems to be getting engaged, settling down, having kids, moving forward...and I feel stuck in the same place. It's like I'm stuck in some kind of cement and I can't break free. As hard as I fight, it only seems to get stronger and I feel weaker...I'm not a dependent person, but there are times where I just want someone to lean on. Someone to share this burden with. I need someone to slow down the hands of time for me. Someone to help me find that path I should be on...

Two years have gone by since I entered the "real world." I feel like I have grown as a person, but I still have so much more growing to do. I guess it's time to pick up the pace, time to keep up with this fast pace life that seems to surround me. I don't want to be the granny in the slow lane being passed by everyone and left behind all alone.

1 comment: