Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What recession??

As I sat in the nail shop a few days ago, I got to thinking about the hard times we as Americans are currently facing. Why you ask?

It's because as I sat in the spa chair I looked around at the very full shop. During the hour time period I was there, there was a constant stream of women coming in and out of the shop for manicures, pedicures, waxing, etc. By the looks of this place, you never would have thought we were going through a recession.

Yes, I am guilty of it, spending money where it isn't actually necessary. I can certainly paint my own nails and toes, but there's something about getting it done without having to exert any real effort. With the weather warming up, obviously more women are in getting pedicures...it's just wrong to where flip flops or sandals with nasty looking toes!

So it may be the weather, but I think another part of it, is just that simply getting our nails done makes us feel pretty and for a tomboy like me, a little more feminine. Having nicely manicured hands makes us feel good. And through this dark period right now, I think a lot of women are willing to spend the $15-$30 on a mani-pedi to feel a little better about their current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment