Sunday, April 11, 2010

Untitled

I toss and turn all night filled with fear.
It's become so hard for me to sleep without having you near.
As soon as I feel you close to me,
I breathe a sigh of relief
And sleep comes to me.

All I ever wanted was for you to want me.
But I know that it's just not meant to be.
And now I can't put into words what I feel,
I can't tell what's fake and what's real.

You are sitting no more than two feet away,
And I'm silently praying you ask me to stay.
But I feel alone,
And feel the distance between us has grown.

What hurts even more,
Is that I know deep down in my soul,
That I could make you happy.
That I could be exactly who you are looking for.

I've changed to try and make you happy,
I've lied to you and I've lied to myself.
This isn't who I am,
It's not who I am meant to be.

All I want is for you to open your eyes
See past the lies,
And really look at me.
See that I'd do anything to make you happy.

I know it's not what you want,
So I'm going to take a few more steps back,
Get myself back on track.

I was angry that night,
But only for making me want you.
I didn't want to argue or fight,
So I said I was fine,
When deep down all I wanted to say was I wish you were mine.

I'm not ready to say goodbye,
But I don't know how much longer I will be able to survive.
I can't put how you make me feel into words,
Just know that I could be your girl,
And that if you let me, I'd give you my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment