Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day Confessions

What kind of Hopeless Romantic would I be if I did not take the time to write something about Valentine's Day?

So here is my confession...

I have spent the majority of my Valentine's Days with friends and/or family. I've never had a REAL (romantic) Valentine's Day.

I do not regret the past Valentine's Days, because I believe that the day is over-rated, and the most important idea behind the day is love. The type of love doesn't need to be a romantic love, just an honest love shared between people.

There were times where I let the hype of the day get the best of me. Times where I felt sad and pathetic because I didn't have a date or any one "special" person to spend it with. I was jealous of my friends and the people around me who had dates or boyfriends/girlfriends...the ones who got flowers, chocolates, the whole nine...and for a long time I wanted to be one of them...

I don't know if it's the fact that I've gotten older and maybe a little bit wiser, or if I'm just over the hype. But I don't feel that jealous twinge anymore. I honestly am content to spend February 14 with the people I truly care about...I have my family, friends and sorors, and they make me incandescently happy.

I haven't given up on love, but I believe that we should be celebrating love everyday, not just one day out of the year...And I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to celebrate Valentine's Day with someone special, but when it is meant to happen, it will.

And here is another confession...

February 14, 2010 was one of the best Valentine's Days I've ever had...it's been a couple of days, and I'm still smiling thinking about it.

Hopelessly Yours,
Valentina

No comments:

Post a Comment