Sunday, February 21, 2010

Imagination

There are times when my imagination starts to run free,
And almost gets the best of me.

I start to feel more than I should,
More than I thought I would.
I get confused at what is real,
And don't know how to deal with how I feel.

I imagine how life would be if it was you and me.
And happiness is all I can see.
I imagine you see me as the real thing,
And not just a convenient fling.

I imagine the warmth of your embrace,
And my heart starts to race.
I imagine that when you look at me, you see more than your friend,
That you and I will somehow make it work in the end.

But as soon as I am out of my reverie,
I realize that it was just my imagination trying to get the best of me.
I'm brought back to reality,
But your face is still all I see.

There are times where I hate my wild imagination,
And I try to fight this infatuation,
But it still brings me moments of pure bliss,
And I realize it's something that I would miss.

So for now, I'll let my imagination run free,
And hope that it doesn't get the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment