Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Open

I don’t want to fall…
I’ve never felt like this before.
It’s like being caught in the middle of a storm.

I know the right thing to do.
But I know the feeling I get when I’m with you.
For the first time I’m happy in my own skin,
You have me completely open.

I feel naked and a tiny bit scared,
And with nothing to compare,
I’m terrified to fall.
And give it my all.

It’s been so long since I’ve felt like this,
Since I have yearned for someone’s kiss.
But the timing is wrong,
And there are a thousand reasons why I can’t and shouldn’t fall.
So I will stay strong.

You won’t see the fear,
And never see me shed a tear.
I’ll be that friend,
And never ask for anything more,
Even if my heart is falling to the floor.

I don’t want to fall.
I don’t want to care.
This situation is nothing new,
It's something I know how to do.
I’ve done it before,
Always the friend,
Never anything more.

As hard as it may seem,
I still feel like I’m walking in a dream.
I don't even know what I’m looking for,
But unlike ever before,
I’m happy in my own skin,
And you have me completely open.

1 comment:

  1. wow..i love this thought ;) poem status.. time for a poetry slam when i come back

    ReplyDelete