Thursday, December 31, 2009

On Your Birthday

We haven't spoken in a year,
I've already shed any and all tears over you.
I said I was done talking to you,
And it hasn't been easy to do...

So just for today,
I'm calling to wish you a happy birthday.
This doesn't mean anything more,
Things will never go back to how they were before.
This doesn't mean I want to get back with you,
It doesn't mean I've forgotten all you said,
But on this day, I just couldn't seem to get you out of my head.

Against my better judgement I'm calling you today,
But I just had to wish you a happy birthday.

I've met someone new,
And he doesn't remind me at all of you.
I'm still trying to figure out if that's good or bad
Because you are a part of some of the best times I've ever had.
He's different from you in so many ways,
And deep down I am hoping he's the one who stays.

I don't mean to be cruel,
But I'm not that same young fool.
I've learned to look out for the good guys,
And give them a real chance,
Because I got tired of all the lies.

I know it didn't work between us,
But I honestly wish you nothing but happiness.
You and I could never just be friends,
But maybe that's what we'll be able to be in the end.

This may have been a mistake to call,
But I just had to call you today,
To wish you a happy birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Email me plz n twll me who is the bday bou n the New guy plz asap love Fuego

    ReplyDelete