Thursday, January 21, 2010

Confession #2

I am a sucker for love stories.

I just can't seem to get enough of them. Give me a romantic movie, novel, song, or some one's own personal experiences, and I am incandescently happy. A great one can bring me to tears, and a bad one can at least put a smile on my face.

There's something about watching people fall in love and stay in love. It might be my own subconscious wishing it were me, or the romantic in me who just loves seeing two people ridiculously happy and head over heels for each other. Whatever it is, it's like some obsession...I crave a good love story.

Off the top of my head, here are some of my personal favorites:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • The novel as well as the BBC adaptation with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy ;-) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy...words cannot describe how much I love this story. I read the book at least once a year, and will gladly sit in front of the TV for 5 hours to watch the mini series.

Love & Basketball

  • I mean really...does it get any better? A love story centered around basketball. That's a perfect match for me. And the heroine, Monica played by Sanaa Lathan is a strong, independent woman. The story between her and Quincy (Omar Epps) is something that I can relate to. Their story feels real.

And yes...The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

  • Laugh as much as you want, but it's a fabulous and ridiculous love story. The books may not be the most well written novels, and the first movie was kind of a joke, but the story that inspired all of it is amazing. It's fantastic and unbelievable, but you can't help but wish you could find someone who loved you and who you loved the way Edward and Bella love each other. It's a connection that can't be broken.

Stay tuned for my next confession...and if anyone would like to share their love stories with me, please do!! =)

Hopelessly Yours,

Valentina Reva

No comments:

Post a Comment