Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Silence

The silence is driving me insane,
And it's giving me the slightest sensation of pain.
Part of me is dying to call you,
But maybe this is how you want it to be.
Your silence is telling me you want to be free.

I never wanted to push you into anything,
You never wanted this to be more than a fling.
But my feelings have grown,
And you must have known.

I know you would never intentionally hurt me,
But to tell you the truth it is clear to see,
The longer I take to leave,
The harder it's going to be.

I envy the woman who puts you under her spell,
She will be the luckiest girl in the world as far as I can tell.

The silence is driving me insane,
It's giving me the slightest sensation of pain.
This has always been my curse,
Only this time, it feels so much worse.

The silence haunts me,
But this is the way it needs to be.
Be careful what you wish for,
Because you never know what's in store.

Please don't pity me,
All I want is for you to be happy.
We were doomed from the start,
So I need to go before you have a chance to completely steal my heart.

I'll be just fine,
All I need is some time.
I'll eventually meet the man who wants to be all mine.
And until then it will be an uphill climb,
But never underestimate the heart of a hopeless romantic.
Because she will always believe in love and magic...

No comments:

Post a Comment