Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Falling Star

I hate myself for doing what I said I wouldn't do.
But I can't change the fact that I have fallen for you.
I said I wouldn't get attached,
But it's hard not to do when we make such a good match.

I should have never let it go this far,
You've become my falling star.
You're fading away just as quickly as you appeared,
And now I'm living what I always feared.

That you don't want me,
That this really isn't meant to be.
I know I should walk away,
But I just don't know if I'm ready.

Do I walk away now to save myself some of the pain,
Or do I hang on just a little while longer.
They say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger,
And that to see a rainbow you have to endure the rain...

Truth be told, my time with you has made me happy,
And even if it's not meant to be,
The pain I will feel once this over and done,
Will be worth it for the moments of happiness,
And my moment in the sun
That you have given me.

I hate myself for doing what I said I wouldn't do,
But I can't change the fact that I have fallen for you.
You're my falling star,
Brilliant, beautiful and quickly fading into the dark,
But strong enough to leave a permanent mark
On my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment