Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lost

I have this indescribable feeling running through my body.
There’s a burning in my chest,
And an ache in the pit of my stomach.
The loneliness has finally caught up with me.

I put on the happy face,
Try to picture myself in a happier place.
But this feeling keeps eating away at my soul
I feel like there’s no where to go.

I’m struggling in the dark
There is no light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m suffocating, blind, looking for a way out.
But I will keep smiling, keep looking for the light.

I have too much to be thankful for,
So much life to experience.
Yet there’s something missing.
I thought it was you,
I thought I was missing someone,

But I’ve seen a glimmer of light,
What I’m missing is me.

I have lost who I am
I need to find my own happiness
Only then will I find true bliss.

I know I have a long journey ahead,
But I’m on my way.
I’m not going to lose my head
I am going to find myself again.

1 comment:

  1. Super good and super right! sometimes everything and everyone blinds you from just loving youself and taking care of yourself! And you can't love anyone if you dont take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete