Sunday, January 4, 2009

Every Time the Phone Rings

How can this be happening?
I convinced myself you were just a friend
That we could and would never be more.

My heart skips a beat when I hear the phone ring.
I hope it’s you on the other end.
I think I want you more now than ever before.

The sound of your voice is like velvet.
I don’t know how much sweeter it can get.
A smile spreads across my face
And I find myself in a much happier place.

It’s an impossible love
You have never seen me in that way
And I continue to fight these feelings
But all I want is to tell you to stay.

Be with me
Love me.
Be everything I have ever hoped for,
And more.

Even hours after you spoke your last words to me
I feel like I can barely breathe.

I could be your lover
I could be perfect for you
I could be your shoulder
And you could be those things for me too.

You’re constantly on my mind.
How can I feel this way for someone who is so far away?
You’re always so kind,
Making me feel okay.

No, better than ok.

When I talk to you,
I’m on cloud nine
Feeling better than fine.

Because of you I feel like I can do anything.
So I hope and wish it’s you calling every time I hear the phone ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment