Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Just Want to Know

I can feel it in the air.
Things have changed and I'm completely aware.
You're pulling away,
And there's nothing for me to say.

This is probably how it should be.
You said you didn't want to hurt me.
And here's your way out,
Nothing to stress about.

Don't worry about sparing my feelings,
I just want to know one thing.
What would you say,
What would you do,
If I told you I met someone new?

I'm not saying I have.
But would you even care?
Would how you feel about me change?
Or would everything stay the same?

I'm not putting my life on hold,
I just like the way you keep me warm from the cold.
I like the way you make me feel,
And the fact that you are so real.

This is for the best,
And thank you for not being like all the rest.
You were honest right from the start,
And I knew I'd never have your heart.

Don't worry about sparing my feelings,
I just want to know this one thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment