Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lost

I've hidden my true feelings for so long.
I convinced myself I could never really care for someone.
So I only allowed myself to have fun.
But I couldn't have been more wrong.

You found me when I was lost in the dark,
You brought me back into the light.
And now I'm afraid to lose you.
I don't know what I'd do without having you to talk to.

I already miss you,
And you're not even gone.
I want to be with you sunrise to sunset,
And from dusk till dawn.
But you're not ready for that yet.
So I'll just have to make due.

I'll take you any way I can.
And that's my ultimate plan.
I'll be here as a friend,
And hope we have a chance in the end.

I'm terrified to lose you,
And you're not even mine.

You have lifted me higher,
And I've never been much of a crier,
But you have the ability to make me so happy it nearly brings me to tears.
I want this feeling to last through the years.

It's another love story
Over before it started,
But don't worry,
I'm not broken-hearted.

I knew it all happened so fast,
But had hoped it had the chance to last.

But I'll take you any way I can.
And that's my ultimate plan.
I'll be here as a friend,
And hope we have a chance in the end.

I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'm not going to stress.
Whatever is meant to be will be.
But I'll always hope that you'll end up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment